Thanks for stopping by.
We aren’t sitting in the same room at the same time. However, I do have a cup of coffee as I write this…and I would offer you one, too.
People talk to chaplains when they are at decision points or crisis points or just need an ear. I decided one day that I’m a social media chaplain, available to social media people. Not that I can’t talk to anyone else, mind you, but just as a police chaplain or a military chaplain has an understanding of those challenges, I understand a bit about social media. Recently, I talked with Frank Reed about what it means to me to be a social media chaplain.
I’m out of my office right now, but I can offer you some of the things I have said to other people over the past few years. Maybe you can find something helpful here.
And if I can help you more, send me a note at jnswanson [at] gmail [dot] com.
(I write 300 words almost every day about following Jesus. My desire is to use normal language. You can see what you think. 300wordsaday.com)
- Five Love Languages – How to speak the love language of people you care about.
- A word to a young couple – A wedding meditation for my nephew and niece, but with some thoughts about marriage for all of us.
- A Conversation with a Trust Agent – This is an interview with my friend Chris. He talks about this new book, which is, at core, about relationship.
- 8 ways to treat people who don’t know as much as you.
- How to encourage a friend – 8 ways, in fact.
- 8 Ways to look at 6 months – A worksheet for realizing that you have in fact accomplished something
- Moving too fast – I got stopped twice in two days. I learned a bit about slowing down.
- Just decide – Sometimes you just need some help to know what you are thinking.
On Social Media and Church
- 8 things social media can learn from church – this is my made-up SOBcon 10 presentation.
- A link to my ebook on prayer
- Why people like Jesus – I wonder why people invited Jesus to parties. Here’s one answer.
- About following God (link goes to another site).
- Relationship is the argument – There is supposed to be love in the church. There often isn’t.
- Summary – This is a summary of things about following Jesus rather than religion.
- Discipleship is cafe-shaped conversations
Pingback: Worth checking | Shiny Bits of Life
Pingback: Lead Nurturing or Backing Up Relationships? | Better Closer
Pingback: I Blog On A Sunday: Jon Swanson | Jonathan Rose's Blog