Often when I sit to write my posts for 300wordsaday.com, I take an hour for each post, late at night, trying to concentrate. Tonight, sitting in the public library, I’ve written three.
So what was different?
1. As I walked in I thought, “I just need to write.”
2. I wrote each post in Dark Room, a tiny free software package that fills the whole screen with a blank page and the words I type.
3. I closed gmail. I closed twitter. I closed my “todo” list.
4. I’m writing at 6:30 pm instead of 10:30 pm.
5. It’s March 1 and I’ve wasted enough of the year so far.
And that makes a thousand.