2. Remind yourself to not make them feel responsible for you crying so much.
3. Remind yourself to tell them you love them in the way they understand.
4. Remind yourself that you have been giving advice for the past 18 years and it is too late to cram.
5. Remind yourself that they are about to know everything and you will know nothing, and that the way to survive that is not to argue facts but to love the heart.
6. Remind yourself that life as you know it is ending but life as you don’t know it yet is just beginning–as has happened every day of your life.
7. Remind yourself to drive away.
8. Remind yourself to breathe.
and here’s what her mom wrote about goodbyes.