1. I show you my life, I illustrate posts, I annoy people with flickr.com
2. I understand what I am thinking, I talk with you, I keep a record with wordpress.com and Google Documents.
3. I find Bible references really quickly, I find patterns, I find different translations with biblegateway.com
5. I show people how to do things that are on my computer screen with jingproject.com (Incredibly easy screen capture software)
6. I answer questions, I ask for help, I encourage, I am encouraged with gmail.com
7. I find out what people I care about are saying with Google Reader.
8. I stand around the water cooler with twitter.com
There are many other networks and platforms and packages that I am connected to and with. I try them, I play a bit, but I find myself coming back to these products to do these things.
What are you using? Not thinking about using, not testing, not interested in but actually using. And what are you using it for? Because that’s what matters.
For more 8 ways
Thanks for reading this far down. I need help. I’m working on a new project, likely starting the first of the year. It will be blog-based. I’m thinking about two options. One is using wordpress.com but with my own new domain name. The other is to use wordpress.org and have it hosted somewhere else.
(Many of you can quit reading now. If you don’t understand what I just said, you can’t help).
There are advantages and disadvantages both ways. (Regular maintenance, flexibility, analytics are all in the mix). But here’s the deal. People talk about how easy each is. But they are talking from the perspective of themselves. I get all this stuff but I don’t have the mental energy to sort through even easy-for-you stuff.
If you are a person who thinks that what I just talked about is easy and would like to help me with the technical side of a project that will be more consistently like conversation at twelve,, let’s talk.