We’ve got a long weekend coming up (at least in the U.S.) We want to rest, to celebrate. But we are driven enough (and if you are reading this, you have a sense of drive) to do something productive, to make some kind of difference.
Try one of these.
1. Teach a kid how to tie her shoes.
2. Wash the inside of your windshield.
3. Sign your name to something. (a card, a letter, a “New Half Year” list of resolutions, a revolution)
4. Put your arm around someone while watching fireworks. (Make sure you’ve met)
5. Fix a meal for someone who can’t (grilling counts.)
7. Spend 10 hours intentionally offline. (even if there IS wifi available).
8. Read one chapter of something to someone. (Here’s a fresh take on a somewhat familiar chapter if you don’t have anything)
For more 8 ways, see the 8 ways page