1. Forget that horses are built to move.
2. Climb on a horse that you don’t have enough experience to handle.
3. Climb on a horse that no one can handle because it is completely irrational.
4. Forget to tighten the saddle.
5. Provoke the horse to anger with spurs.
6. Ride until the horse collapses because you were going too far too fast.
7. Forget to feed and care for the horse.
8. Assume that riding comes naturally.
Of course, you can substitute lots of other words for horse. Relationship, organization, and social media network are three ideas that I can imagine to apply to this metaphor.
Pour yourself a cup of coffee, sit down with a friend, and spend some time this weekend figuring out why that last horse tossed you…and how you can get back in the saddle.
For daily updates on Advent, visit advent2007.wordpress.com
For more 8 ways…
To waste your blogging time
To ruin your day
To be thanked
To increase your stress
To explain 2.0 friends to 0.0 parents
To lose your faith
To make yourself angry
To make yourself jealous
To make yourself depressed
To ruin your marriage
Subscribe to this blog for free by clicking here.