Many of us spent time with family this weekend. I’m sure that many of us had the odd experience of wanting to repeat something that one of our friends said…and then having to figure out how to explain twitter or blogging or the internet.
1. It’s like a party line phone, where you could listen into to calls that came to other people.
2. You know how you like to shout at the television? With 2.0, @newmediajim can hear you.
3. Remember the friends you had over every Sunday evening after church for coffee? I just can’t see them…and they fix their own coffee.
4. Remember how you used to walk down the street and say hi to people along the street? That’s what i do when I turn on my computer.
5. When I was 8, Grandma Larson gave me a journal. I wrote in it once. Now I can write every day.
6. When you were in college, you got to know some people. For the next forty years, you did a round-robin letter. You wrote a letter, sent it to the next person, who added hers and forward it to the next person., who did the same. When it made it around all 6 people, you took your letter out and wrote a new one. We do that every day or week or hour.
7. Sometimes you get tired of the TV channels you have (“There’s nothing good on tonight.”) I help make my own content to watch.
8. Oh, it’s just someone I met at work.
Others in the 8 ways series:
To pointless prayer
To ruin your day
To be thanked
To increase your stress
To lose your faith
To make yourself angry
To make yourself jealous
To make yourself depressed
To ruin your marriage
Subscribe to this blog for free by clicking here.